Traffic Violation defense attorney in Joliet IL

Sirens in the rearview: what should i do?

If you’re driving and you find that a police officer is signaling you to pull over, here’s what you should do:

Indicate to the officer that you see them by using your hazard lights or turn signal. Pull over to the shoulder of the road or another safe place. Turn the vehicle off and stay sitting with your hands on the steering wheel. Roll down the window and stay calm. When asked, provide your car registration, driver’s license, and insurance card without any sudden movements. If you are carrying a gun, let the officer know and be prepared to show your FOID card if necessary.

Be polite, be direct, and be brief when speaking with the officer and if you should run into any legal issues contact O’Dekirk, Allred & Associates, LLC at 815-740-1700 for a free consultation.

Related Posts

No results found.